Getting a Study Permit

The documents you need in order to study in Canada

Who needs a study permit?

The Government of Canada study permit requirements state that foreign nationals are required to obtain a study permit for engaging in academic, professional, vocational or other education or training that is more than six months in duration at a designated learning institution in Canada.

However, it’s important to know you must complete your Robertson application before applying for a study permit. There’s no rush to do them both at once—focus on your program application first.

How to get a study permit?

Once your application has been processed, your tuition deposit has been paid and you’ve received your letter of acceptance, you are able to apply for your study permit.

You will need the following documents to apply for a study permit: 

  • Proof of acceptance 
  • Other supporting documents as required by CIC

After you apply

You can check your permit processing time to keep up-to-date after you apply. 

If you happen to be denied a study permit, applicants will only forfeit their application fee and must provide proof of rejection within four weeks from the date on the rejection letter in order to receive a refund.

We’re here for you.

If you have any questions, our Student Admissions Advisors will do their best to help!

Contact Us