Accounting Technicians or administrative professionals with accounting knowledge are integral to any office setting. Not only do they have the skills needed to manage and perform office procedures, they can also perform basic accounting and bookkeeping. Employment opportunities exist for Accounting Technicians across many industries, in the private and public sectors and in organizations of all sizes.
The Robertson College Calgary Accounting Technician diploma program is designed to prepare you for the role of an entry-level accounting professional with courses covering accounting and bookkeeping fundamentals, computerized accounting software and key business skills.
- Learn the fundamentals of accounting and bookkeeping and understand how to apply manual bookkeeping using journals
- Understand financial accounting principles and practices
- Gain basic computer skills and learn to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Access)
- Learn to use computerized accounting software including Quickbooks and Sage50 Accounting
- Develop written and oral business communications skills
Graduates are qualified to work across many different industries, in the private and public sectors and in organizations of all sizes.
- Administrative Professional
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Accounts Payable / Receivable Administrator
- Accounting Clerk
- Bookkeeping Clerk
Accounting Technician Program Practicum
Participate in a 4-week work practicum to gain valuable work experience before graduation.
Susan received her certification in Clerk Typist – Bookkeeper from the Alberta Vocational College. A strong believer in lifetime learning, Susan has since completed many additional courses including Facilitation and Soft Skill Training, New Business Start Up and Planning, Business Financial, Sales & Marketing and is pursuing a degree in Education at the Okanagan University College.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.