Accounting Technicians or administrative professionals with accounting knowledge are integral to any office setting. Not only do they have the skills needed to manage and perform office procedures, they can also perform basic accounting and bookkeeping. Employment opportunities exist for Accounting Technicians across many industries, in the private and public sectors and in organizations of all sizes.
The Robertson College Online Accounting Technician program is designed to give students a basic understanding of office procedures, bookkeeping, Sage and Quickbooks computerized accounting software as well as corporate and financial accounting fundamentals.
Students will develop the skills required to obtain an entry-level position as an Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeper, or Accounting Assistant.
- Learn common administrative office procedures
- Learn manual bookkeeping and accounting processes
- Learn to prepare financial statements, budgets, and financial records
- Apply the concepts of manual bookkeeping to computerized accounting programs such as Sage and Quickbooks which are commonly used in workplaces
- Learn how to use a keyboard properly and how to navigate around common Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Develop your written and oral business communication skills
Graduates are qualified to work across many different industries, in the private and public sectors and in organizations of all sizes.
- Administrative Professional
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Accounts Payable / Receivable Administrator
- Accounting Clerk
- Bookkeeping Clerk
Accounting Technician Program Practicum
Valuable workplace experience is gained during the compulsory 4-week full-time practicum where you will work alongside industry professionals.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.