Administrative Assistants provide critical support to businesses of all sizes within various industries. Individuals with added bookkeeping skills are even more valuable as they are able to provide accounting and bookkeeping support in addition to their administrative tasks.
Robertson College’s Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper diploma program is designed to give you an understanding of office procedures, bookkeeping, and Sage computerized accounting software. As a graduate of this program, you will be able to obtain an entry-level position as an Administrative Assistant or Bookkeeper.
- Gain basic knowledge of common office procedures and develop professional business skills necessary to communicate in a dynamic workplace
- Learn bookkeeping basics and how to perform day-to-day financial transactions, including general journal entries, accounts payable and receivables and the operation of petty cash
- Transition the concepts of manual bookkeeping to a computerized accounting environment
- Learn proper typing techniques and improve your keyboarding accuracy
- Learn to perform functions common to all Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Graduates will find employment in businesses of all sizes across a variety of sectors.
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Bookkeeping Clerk
- Accounting Clerk
Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper Practicum
Valuable workplace experience is gained during the compulsory 4-week full-time practicum where you will be working alongside industry professionals.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.