Boost your skillset and become a valuable asset in childhood education.
The study of developmental theories and milestones from prenatal to toddlerhood is essential for the early childhood educator. In this self-directed micro-course, learners will study the physical, cognitive, language, emotional and social domains of development and milestones reached through infancy and toddlerhood and be introduced to the principles, processes, and theories of human development.
After finishing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles, processes, and theories of human development.
- Describe the influences on prenatal development, birth and newborn development.
- Summarize physical, cognitive, and language development from infancy to toddlerhood.
- Summarize emotional and social development from infancy to toddlerhood
*Learners who successfully complete this course will receive a digital transcript and an e-certificate. This course satisfies the educational requirement to be a Child Care Assistant in Manitoba.
60 Hours completed at your own pace
Who is Eligible?
This online course can be taken by anyone. There are no specific requirements for entry. This is a valuable course for anyone wishing to pursue a career as a Child Care Assistant or Early Childhood Educator.
With micro-courses, you choose where you learn. Our flexible course format gives you the freedom to study where, when and how it works best for you – you set your own schedule.
Thanks to our online learning hub Brightspace, you have access to your course materials 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pick up your coursework when it makes sense for you.
Boost Your Resume
Once you’re done, you’ll get to add an E-Course Certificate to your resume, boosting your credibility, skills and competitive advantage in your current or future career.
Terms and Conditions
The refund policy applies to domestic and international learners registered in a course at Robertson College.
- Before the beginning of the course, all fees will be refunded.
- Within 3 days or 25% of course completion (whichever is greater), a refund of the course fees less a $50.00 administrative fee will be issued.
- Upon 25% of course completion, no refund will be issued.
Some courses may be eligible for credit toward diploma programs at Robertson. Contact an Academic Advisor for more information. Transfer of credits is not available to international learners.
Course Access Duration
Learners are able to complete this course at their own speed up to a maximum of six months. At the six month expiry, any learner who has yet to complete the course will be unenrolled, leading to loss of access.