Explore This Program
Work as a Health Care Aide in Manitoba
In order to qualify for the Health Care Aide Challenge program at our Brandon campus, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have 1200 hours of work experience within the past 24 months as an uncertified Health Care Aide in Canada or as a foreign-trained nurse
- Have a completed employer form from your current employer stating hours worked along with a detailed job description
- Demonstrate proof of English language proficiency
- An up-to-date resume
- Copy of photo ID
- Copy of your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Current Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Up-to-date immunizations
If you are applying as a foreign-trained nurse, please note that the college will require a copy of your degree as not all foreign nursing programs are accepted.
If you would like to pursue your Health Care Aide Challenge certificate, please contact us for more information that is specific to your training and experience.
Candidates interested in this program need to have their highschool diploma or GED. Our admissions agents can work with you to ensure you meet the program’s criteria. This program is not currently open to International Students.
Need advice? A Student Admissions Advisor is here to support you.Contact Admissions
Work Experience Practicum
Health Care Aide Challenge Program Practicum
At the end of your program, you will be required to complete a minimum of 8 hours of practicum.
A 2 week practicum is included for foreign-trained nurses.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.