You will learn to manage, maintain, and support a corporate network utilizing Microsoft Server and Windows Clients. The program is comprised of practical subjects and focuses specifically on hands-on training, providing you with the knowledge and experience to transition easily into the workforce.
The Help Desk Support Technician diploma program is a fast-paced program that is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to support users of computer systems and software applications.
The program combines practical training with hands-on learning to ensure you have the skills and ability to adapt to your workplace upon graduation.
You will also have the option to write a limited number certification exam(s) pending course outcome.
- Learn the hardware and operating system principles of CompTia A+, the industry leading IT certification
- Learn about the basic computer concepts and operation including an overview of PC hardware standards such as motherboards, CPUs, memory, expansion cards and power supplies
- Learn basic networking theory, and the safety procedures and concerns when working in a network environment
- Develop your knowledge in Windows Client Configuration including how to install and configure a Microsoft server, understand the importance of AD DS in Microsoft-based domain networks and the configuration of IPV4 and IPV6
- Explore Linux+, the central operating system for much of the world’s IT infrastructure. Learn Linux command line, basic maintenance, installation and configuration of workstations and networking
- Develop your skills and knowledge in Network+ including installations and management
- Develop your skills and knowledge in Security+, the industry certification that is globally trusted to validate foundational vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills
Career opportunities exist for Helpdesk Support Technicians in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- User Support Technician
- Help Desk Technical Agent
- Help Desk Technical Support
- IT Support Technician
- Desktop Support
- Computer Network Technician
Topics of Study
A+ Certification - 100 hours
Provides students with foundations in PC hardware and software concepts and prepares them to complete the CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902 certification exams.
Windows Client Configuration - 120 hours
Provides students with the knowledge necessary to understand and identify the tasks involved in deploying Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a business environment. The course focuses on configuration tasks performed at the client’s computer, including those performed by a desktop administrator across various sizes of business.
ITIL Foundation - 100 hours
Introduces students to the fundamentals of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and prepares them to write the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Network+ - 80 hours
Familiarizes students with local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, and the hardware and software associated with networking.
Linux+ - 80 hours
Provides a foundation in the installation, implementation and administration of the Linux operating system from the perspective of a power user and administrator.
Security+ - 80 hours
Introduces students to the issues associated with modern day security in the IT world. This course covers most major security topics and prepares students to take and pass the SY0-401 exam to become CompTIA Security+ certified.
Business Communication - 60 hours
Teaches students the essential skills for basic business writing. This course also emphasizes the role technology plays in communication and the best practices for using technology in the workplace.
Career Preparation - 20-40 hours
Introduces students to strategies for a successful job search and interview.
Help Desk Support Technician Practicum
This program includes a compulsory 4-week full-time practicum where you will be able to apply firsthand the concepts and skills learned during the program.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.