You will learn to manage, maintain, and support a corporate network utilizing Microsoft Server and Windows Clients. The program is comprised of practical subjects and focuses specifically on hands-on training, providing you with the knowledge and experience to transition easily into the workforce.
The Help Desk Support Technician diploma program is a fast-paced program that is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to support users of computer systems and software applications.
The program combines practical training with hands-on learning to ensure you have the skills and ability to adapt to your workplace upon graduation.
You will also have the option to write a limited number certification exam(s) pending course outcome.
- Learn the hardware and operating system principles of CompTia A+, the industry leading IT certification
- Learn about the basic computer concepts and operation including an overview of PC hardware standards such as motherboards, CPUs, memory, expansion cards and power supplies
- Learn basic networking theory, and the safety procedures and concerns when working in a network environment
- Develop your knowledge in Windows Client Configuration including how to install and configure a Microsoft server, understand the importance of AD DS in Microsoft-based domain networks and the configuration of IPV4 and IPV6
- Explore Linux+, the central operating system for much of the world’s IT infrastructure. Learn Linux command line, basic maintenance, installation and configuration of workstations and networking
- Develop your skills and knowledge in Network+ including installations and management
- Develop your skills and knowledge in Security+, the industry certification that is globally trusted to validate foundational vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills
Career opportunities exist for Helpdesk Support Technicians in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- User Support Technician
- Help Desk Technical Agent
- Help Desk Technical Support
- IT Support Technician
- Desktop Support
- Computer Network Technician
Help Desk Support Technician Practicum
This program includes a compulsory 4-week full-time practicum where you will be able to apply firsthand the concepts and skills learned during the program.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.