Legal Assistants play an essential role in law firms and legal departments. From legal transcription to managing legal office procedures, their challenging work is vital to the successful operation of any law office or legal department. To be successful in the role, Legal Assistants must have administrative and communication skills as well as the ability to prepare legal transcriptions, legal documents, maintain documents and client files.
Program Learning Outcomes
As part of the Legal Assistant diploma program, you will:
- Gain an understanding of Canadian Law and the legal profession
- Be introduced to Corporate & Commercial Law, Wills & Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Family Law, and Civil Litigation
- Be familiarized with legal terminology
- Gain keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Develop your written and oral business communications skills
Legal Assistant Program Practicum
At the end of the theoretical portion of your program, you will participate in a 4 week practicum where you will gain valuable work experience in a legal setting.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.