In today’s global environment, there are no borders to business and Logistics & Supply Chain professionals are required to manage the series of business processes that move products from acquisition through to distribution. This accelerated program will prepare you for your new career in less than a year. Areas covered include Project Management, Transportation Management, Demand Forecasting and more.
Why Robertson Online?
With projections that global supply chain activities will continue to expand and integrate new technologies and practices, logistics and supply chain management has become an increasingly attractive career path for today’s business students.
- Understand the key components of supply management including demand forecasting, inventory management, resource planning, lean thinking and Six Sigma management philosophies
- Gain an overview of Canadian business and learn the fundamentals of the Canadian economic system including understanding supply and demand, elasticity, and monopoly
- Be introduced to the many dimensions of business logistics with emphasis on physical distribution and transportation of raw materials, inputs and finished products
- Understand the operations and structure of different modes of transportation including rail, water, air and highway
- Gain an understanding of operations management and how to carry out the transformation of resources into products and services efficiently
- Learn purchasing fundamentals with emphasis on strategic cost management in the face of the recent economic recession
- Learn project management principles from planning to execution of projects, the roles of the project team and project manager as well as the use of IT systems in project management
Graduates will find employment with companies involved in sourcing materials, manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution or transportation of goods.
- Procurement Clerk
- Purchasing Agent
- Purchasing Clerk
- Inventory Clerk
- Merchandise Control Clerk
- Shipper and Receiver
- Transportation Route Scheduler
- Export Clerk
- Warehouse Manager
- Retail / Wholesale Buyer
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.