The Network Security Technician diploma program at Robertson College is designed to introduce you to system analysis in order to ensure network and system security. Graduates of this program will be qualified to work for companies of all sizes to ensure their network and system security, troubleshoot issues and solve security issues.
Learn about system analysis and how to ensure network and system security with Robertson College Edmonton’s Network Security Technician diploma program. You will gain an understanding of network operation, computer and Internet security, cybercrime and ways to combat cybercrime. You will also gain career-building skills such as communication, customer service, and career search strategies.
- Learn about PC hardware and software concepts including installation, configuration and troubleshooting stand-alone PCs and networks
- Learn about the intrusion detection techniques used to discover intrusion attempts, how to respond to break-ins and assess the damage to the network
- Gain an overview of the field of information security including inspection and protection of information assets, the detection and reaction to threats, and examination of pre and post-incident procedures
- Be introduced to the fundamentals of cyber crime and be exposed to a variety of current computer-related crimes, cyber crime activities, methods, and tools
- Learn about Internet Security including the technologies, terminology and processes related to general, network and operating system security
- Examine the Linux operating system from the perspective of a system power user and administrator
- Learn to use Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Develop professional business skills necessary to communicate in a dynamic workplace
Opportunities exist for Network Security Technicians in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- Computer Network Technicians
- Network Administrators
- Systems Administrators
Victor Ajala is an experienced IT professional specializing in cyber and ne twork security on multi-platform (Cisco IOS, Windows and Linux) environments. Victor holds a Masters degree in Information Systems Security Management and has many years of experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security. As a Cisco-certified Academy Instructor and the instructor for our Network Security Technician instructor, Victor is able to share his years of experience with his students and help prepare them to be valuable IT professionals in the field.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.