The Network Security Technician diploma program at Robertson College is designed to introduce you to system analysis in order to ensure network and system security. Graduates of this program will be qualified to work for companies of all sizes to ensure their network and system security, troubleshoot issues and solve security issues.
Why Robertson Winnipeg?
Learn about system analysis and how to ensure network and system security with Robertson College Winnipeg’s Network Security Technician diploma program. You will gain an understanding of network operation, computer and Internet security, cybercrime and ways to combat cybercrime. You will also gain career-building skills such as communication, customer service, and career search strategies.
- Learn about PC hardware and software concepts including installation, configuration and troubleshooting stand-alone PCs and networks
- Learn about the intrusion detection techniques used to discover intrusion attempts, how to respond to break-ins and assess the damage to the network
- Gain an overview of the field of information security including inspection and protection of information assets, the detection and reaction to threats, and examination of pre and post-incident procedures
- Be introduced to the fundamentals of cyber crime and be exposed to a variety of current computer-related crimes, cyber crime activities, methods, and tools
- Learn about Internet Security including the technologies, terminology and processes related to general, network and operating system security
- Examine the Linux operating system from the perspective of a system power user and administrator
- Learn to use Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Develop professional business skills necessary to communicate in a dynamic workplace
Opportunities exist for Network Security Technicians in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- Computer Network Technicians
- Network Administrators
- Systems Administrators
Topics of Study
A+ Certification - 100 hours
Provides students with foundations in PC hardware and software concepts, while preparing them to complete the CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902 certification exams.
Windows Client Configuration - 120 hours
Provides students with the knowledge necessary to understand and identify the tasks involved in deploying Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a business environment. The course focuses on configuration tasks performed at the client’s computer, including those performed by a desktop administrator across various sizes of businesses.
ITIL Foundation - 100 hours
Introduces students to the fundamentals of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and prepare them to write the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Network+ - 80 hours
Familiarizes students with local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet and the hardware and software associated with networking.
Linux+ - 80 hours
Provides a foundation in the installation, implementation and administration of the Linux operating system from the perspective of a power user and administrator.
Security+ - 80 hours
Introduces students to the issues associated with modern-day security in the IT world. This course covers most major security topics and is designed to prepare the student to be able to take and pass the SY0-401 exam to become CompTIA Security+ certified.
Cloud Management and Security - 80 hours
Introduces students to the technologies, terms, and processes related to Internet security when storing information in the Cloud database.
Internet Security - 80 hours
Introduces students to the technologies, terms, and processes related to Internet security when working with sensitive information.
Cybercrime and Information Systems - 80 hours
Introduces students to cloud computing concepts, models and technology mechanisms and architectures.
Business Communication - 60 hours
Teaches students the essential skills for basic business writing while emphasizing the role technology plays in communication and the best practices for using technology in the workplace.
Career Preparation - 20-40 hours
Introduces students to strategies for a successful job search and interview.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.