Become a valued member of the IT profession - in-demand, valued, with many opportunities for advancement and development.
The Network Systems Administrator program offered at Robertson College Edmonton will provide you with the skills you need to become a skilled member of the IT profession.
As part of the diploma program, you will gain knowledge in areas recognized by industry standards such as Microsoft, CompTIA, and Cisco.
You will have the option to challenge a limited number of certification exams pending course outcomes.
- Learn the basic concepts of computer hardware and operation
- Learn to install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware components
- Learn how to install common operation systems
- Understand security concerns of computer and networks
- Develop your knowledge in Windows Client Configuration including how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 10 and working within the Windows 10 operating system
- Learn to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot tasks of small to medium-sized routed and switched networks
- Manage operation of IP data networks including LAN switching, IPv4/IPv6 routing, IP services (DHCP, NAT, ACLs) and security of networking devices
- Learn to perform advanced configuration on Windows Server including managing storage management, performing server data protection, AHCP and DNS confirmation and certificate and digital rights management
Career opportunities exist for Network Systems Administrators in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- Computer Network Technicians
- Network Administrators
- System Administrators
- Infrastructure Administrators
Network Systems Administrator Practicum
This program includes a compulsory 4-week full-time practicum where you will be able to apply firsthand the concepts and skills learned during the program.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.