Become a valued member of the IT profession - in-demand, valued, with many opportunities for advancement and development.
The online Network Systems Administrator program will provide you with the skills you need to become a skilled member of the IT profession.
As part of the diploma program, you will gain knowledge in areas recognized by industry standards such as Microsoft, CompTIA, and Cisco.
You will have the option to challenge a limited number of certification exams pending course outcomes.
- Learn the basic concepts of computer hardware and operation
- Learn to install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware components
- Learn how to install common operation systems
- Understand security concerns of computer and networks
- Develop your knowledge in Windows Client Configuration including how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 10 and working within the Windows 10 operating system
- Learn to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot tasks of small to medium-sized routed and switched networks
- Manage operation of IP data networks including LAN switching, IPv4/IPv6 routing, IP services (DHCP, NAT, ACLs) and security of networking devices
- Learn to perform advanced configuration on Windows Server including managing storage management, performing server data protection, AHCP and DNS confirmation and certificate and digital rights management
Career opportunities exist for Network Systems Administrators in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- Computer Network Technicians
- Network Administrators
- System Administrators
- Infrastructure Administrators
Topics of Study
A+ Certification - 100 hours
Provides students with foundations in PC hardware and software concepts and prepares them to complete the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 certification exams.
Windows Client Configuration - 120 hours
Provides students with the knowledge necessary to understand and identify the tasks involved in deploying Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a business environment. The course focuses on configuration tasks performed at the client computer, including those performed by a desktop administrator in a small, medium or large business.
ITIL Foundation - 100 hours
Introduces students to the fundamentals of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and prepares them to write the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
CCNA Routing and Switching - 120 hours
Reviews an in-depth understanding of networking, using Cisco routers and switches and their various configurations, connections and protocols.
Windows Server: Installation and Storage - 120 hours
Prepares students for entry-level Microsoft Server 2012 administration. Throughout the course, students learn how to design, implement, configure and manage a Windows network that incorporates Windows Server 2012 (components).
Windows Server: Network Services - 120 hours
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure essential and advanced networking features and functionalities that are available in Windows Server 2016. Students will become familiar with implementing and managing DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Remote access solutions such as VPN, DirectAccess and RADIUS and other advanced network solutions needed for today’s networks.
Windows Server: Active Directory and Identity - 120 hours
This course is designed to provide students with the appropriate skills and knowledge required to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment. Students will also learn how to implement Group Policy, perform active directory backup and restore, monitor and troubleshoot AD-related issues with Windows Server 2016. Exposure on deploying other AD server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Web proxy will also be provided.
Business Communication - 60 hours
Teaches students the essential skills for basic business writing, while emphasizing the role technology plays in communication and the best practices for using technology in the workplace.
Career Preparation - 20-40 hours
Introduces students to strategies for successful job searches and interviews.
Network Systems Administrator Practicum
This program includes a compulsory 4-week full-time practicum where you will be able to apply firsthand the concepts and skills learned during the program.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.