Veterinary Office Assistants provide office support to the veterinarian and animal health technicians. They play an integral role in the smooth operation of the veterinarian’s practice. If you love working with animals and want to help pet owners take care of their pets, then this career path is for you!
Veterinary Office Assistants deal directly with clients and their pets and help assess their needs, provide guidance and support, manage appointments and perform desk operations. As part of the Veterinary Office Assistant program, you will:
- Learn about veterinary office procedures
- Gain the skills and knowledge required to provide assistance to clients and their pets
- Gain administrative and office skills such as business communications, computer fundamentals, keyboarding
- Learn how to properly clean and maintain examination rooms and storage areas
- Learn how to appropriately restrain and handle companion pets when needed
- Develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to handle the multi-faceted duties of a Veterinary Office Assistant
Career opportunities for Veterinary Office Assistants exist in veterinary hospitals/clinics, pet shelters pet stores, humane shelters, pet daycares, Animal Control and other animal facilities.
Veterinary Office Assistant Practicum
Valuable workplace experience is gained during the compulsory 4-week full-time practicum. You will work in a veterinary office environment and will be evaluated on your abilities.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.