Boost your skillset and become a valuable asset in any industry.
In this self-guided online course, students are instructed using a word-building approach, learning to accurately generate and interpret medical abbreviations, prefixes, suffixes, combining forms, plural forms, special endings, root words and symbology.
- Learn to generate and interpret written language utilizing standard medical terminology
- Be able to use and understand medical terminology in verbal discussions
- Be able to interpret and use abbreviations and symbols encountered in descriptions of medical treatments and procedures
- Analyze and understand medical documentation
80 hours completed at your own pace
Who is Eligible?
This course is open to anyone. If you’re excited and eager to learn, you’re in. Course must be completed within six months of enrolment. If incomplete upon expiry, learners will lose access and will be unenroled.
With micro-courses, you choose where you learn. Our flexible course format gives you the freedom to study where, when and how it works best for you – you set your own schedule.
Thanks to our online learning hub Brightspace, you have access to your course materials 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pick up your coursework when it makes sense for you.
Boost Your Resume
Once you’re done, you’ll get to add an E-Course Certificate to your resume, boosting your credibility, skills and competitive advantage in your current or future career.
Terms and Conditions
The refund policy applies to domestic and international students registered in a course at Robertson College.
- Before the beginning of the course, all fees will be refunded.
- Within 3 days or 25% of course completion (whichever is greater), a refund of the course fees less a $50.00 administrative fee will be issued.
- Upon 25% of course completion, no refund will be issued.
Recognition for Credit
Some courses may be eligible for credit toward diploma programs at Robertson. Contact an Academic Advisor for more information. Transfer of credits is not available to international students.
Course Access Duration
Learners are able to complete this course at their own speed up to a maximum of six months. At the six month expiry, any learner who has yet to complete the course will be unenrolled, leading to loss of access.